Top 10 things to do on a winter day at Solvang
Here's our Top 10 List of Activities to do Without Leaving the Inn this Winter:
- Snowshoeing- We love trying to stay active here at the Inn, especially during those winter months that make us want to huddle up with all of our most-loved comfort foods. One of our favorite ways to stay active is by snowshoeing! Since the Inn provides snowshoes for you, guests need only come with some good boots and warm clothes in order to face the outdoors for this activity. Take a snowshoe outing down to the local stream or trek the many hiking trails accessible from our property (maps provided as well!).
- Birdwatching- For those of you who would rather not have to brave the cold, (but would still like a taste of what the outdoors has to offer this time of year) birdwatching is a great option. We keep binoculars as well as a guide on bird identification for those of you who enjoy our winged friends. A bonus for you ornithology enthusiasts is the Aviary Room: our ground-level guest room that is tastefully decorated with all kinds of songbirds! Book today!
- Enjoying a good book- I'm a firm believer in the idea that all you need in order to relax at home is a cozy spot and a good book. With numerous living spaces made available to you all around the Inn, you are sure to find the perfect spot to make yourself feel at home! I personally recommend curling up in one of our window seats! Didn't bring your favorite read along? Choose from hundreds of book selections here at the Inn, we have something for everyone!
- Sipping a hot cup of coffee by the fireplace- A great thing about staying at the Inn at Solvang is the amount of amenities we make available to you! Enjoy coffee, tea, or hot cocoa (available 24hrs.) by the fireplace during those cold days that just want to keep you indoors. Be sure to accompany your hot beverage with one (or two, we won't tell) of the fresh-baked goods left near the entryway for each of our guests!
- Puzzle building in the Music Room- Exercise your brain by contributing to one of our 1,000 piece puzzles in the Music Room! One of our favorite things to see is guests from multiple locations across the globe contributing to build an immaculate jigsaw of beautiful scenery.
- Hosting a Winter Fireplace Getaway- If you foresee a retreat in your future stay at the Inn, look no further than what Winter Fireplace Getaways can offer you! Events are able to be held right here at the Inn, so grab your friends book your Getaway right here at the Inn! From cake decorating to yoga, there is a refreshing Fireplace Getaway for everyone.
- Getting a massage- A great add-on to your stay is an on-site massage from one of the certified massage therapists in Huntingdon. Let us know your needs and we can even help coordinate the booking of your appointment in order to ensure that you are able to relax to the max!
- Winter hiking- Get active this winter and take a hike! If you find yourself as a guest of the Inn during one of our milder winter days, grab a map and hit those trails! Winter isn't often thought to be a great time to be one with Mother Nature, but in these woods, anyone can still see the beauty of evergreens and wildlife-- even in the dead of winter. With multiple trails being accessible from the Inn at Solvang property, getting active without hitting the gym is still possible!
- Movie watching- Another great thing to do in the Music Room is getting cozy with a good movie! Don't forget to grab some complimentary popcorn and snacks as you choose from our selection of titles. At the Inn, each room is equipped with its own cable television, but the Music Room is another prime place to have a movie night with friends as you have a DVD player and large cache of movies available to you!
- Wildlife viewing- This is something that can be done both by those who enjoy being active in the cold and by those who like to watch those people as they enjoy the comfort of the indoors. In our beautiful part of Central PA, countless deer, beavers, rabbits, squirrels, and other wildlife can be viewed from the warmth of the indoors or during one of your treks outside!